If you apply and qualify for Free School Meals we will receive additional funding called Pupil Premium.
We can spend the Pupil Premium money on anything that can help your child do well at school, including trips, activities and extra support. You can see a breakdown of our spending here.
Applying online only takes a few minutes and, if eligible, your child will continue to receive Free School Meals until the end of Year 11. This is even if your income rises above the threshold at any point during that time.
To get free school meals you need to be receiving one of the following:
- Universal Credit (up to £7,400 net earned income)
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop working altogehter or start to work less than 16 hours per week)
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
To apply, visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals